Welcome to Right from the Start!
Being a parent is the most natural thing in the world. It happens to most of us.
Right from the Start, launched more than 20 years ago by George Alagiah and Kate Adie, is a charity that is working to help parents, wherever they are in the world, be the best parents they can be.
As George Alagiah says:
“There is a good way to be a parent, a good way to bring up children, [and] a good way to enjoy and learn from children … What ‘Right from the Start’ is striving to do is to be part of that goodness.”
Babies, toddlers, and young children are a joy – most of the time. But there are times in the ‘early years’ when parenting seems to be the hardest ‘job’ in the world… as well as the loneliest.
Right from the Start offers – free of charge – inspiring, practical, common sense ideas that have been gleaned from:
- Important new research from the world’s leading authorities
- Proven expertise of child development specialists
- Shared real-life experiences from many parents and grandparents.
Kate Adie says:
“We are nervous of common sense because everything around us has become more specialised and less personal and human. ‘Right from the Start’ touches on what is common to us all: basic humanity in this very, very pressurised world.”
The common sense that Kate Adie talks about underpins everything we do, including our series of books (three of which have already been published). These books:
- Help you strengthen your natural parenting instincts
- Distil invaluable scientific research, making it easy to understand, relevant to everyday situations, and memorable
Please follow us on Twitter @RightFTS and let us know what you think, as well as sharing your own stories.